3.5 mm InputThe 3.5mm auxiliary input allows you to plug into practically any audio device.
Two-piece, two-channel desktop speaker system.
A two-channel, 56-watt-per-channel desktop audio system
Seamlessly merging an exquisite exterior design with expert functionality, the Harman Kardon® GLA-55 desktop audio system is masterfully engineered to complement any desktop or tabletop. Capable of delivering pristine high frequencies from its aluminum tweeters, this crystal-clear stereo system also produces a riveting bass punch, courtesy of Atlas™ low-frequency drivers. And, for added versatility, the speaker system can connect easily to your desktop PC, laptop, tablet, iPhone, iPod or any two-channel audio device equipped with a 1/8-inch (3.5-millimeter) output.
- 2 GLA-55 Speakers
- 1 Owner's Manual
Product Specs, Manuals & CompatibilityCompatible with TVs, Laptops, and Mobile devices
- Manuals & Downloads
Works with Most mobile devices, PCs and laptops have a 3.5mm Aux connection
- General Specifications
- Power Consumption
- 60 Watts
- Power Handling (RMS)
- 56 Watts per satellite at 1% THD
- Audio Specifications
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio
- 85dB A-weighted
- Frequency Response
- 35Hz – 20kHz
- Satellite Speaker Specifications
- Satellite Transducers
- Control and Connection Specifications
- Input Sensitivity/Impedance
- 250mV for rated power
- USA Warranty Length
- 1 Year Electronic & 5 Years Loudspeaker
- Product Features
- Two 56-watt-per-channel digital amplifiers with DSP
- The GLA-55’s transducers are driven by 112 watts (56 watts per channel) of cool-running, onboard digital amplification with DSP (digital sound processing) equalization. A chrome-plated, solid-copper bus connects signals from the amplifier to each driver with minimal resistance and signal loss. An integral heatsink and fully shielded amplifier enclosure eliminate any potential for troublesome electrical interference.
- Easy-to-use touch controls
- Just a touch of a button increases or decreases the GLA-55’s playback volume. Touching both volume controls simultaneously mutes the playback; touch them again to un-mute. An LED on the front of each speaker lets you know when the system is set to on, standby or mute mode.
- Total input compatibility
- The GLA-55 speaker system is compatible with virtually any audio device that features an analog output connector. A stereo 1/8-inch (3.5-millimeter) mini-jack lets you enjoy the ultimate audio performance from a variety of playback devices, ranging from desktop and laptop computers to MP3 and CD players.
- Atlas AL woofers
- Engineered specifically for the GLA-55, each 3-inch (75-millimeter) Atlas aluminum-cone woofer is capable of peak-to-peak excursions of nearly an inch. That is equivalent to the performance of woofers six times as large, with remarkably tight, accurate bass reproduction.
- CMMD Lite tweeters
- Featuring the same edge-driven Ceramic Metal Matrix Diaphragm® (CMMD®) Lite dome tweeter (patent nos. 6,327,372 and 6,404,897) found in high-end Harman Kardon loudspeakers and home-theater systems, the GLA-55 takes multimedia audio to a new high standard, with linear frequency response to 20kHz.
- Slipstream port design
- All bass ports reduce distortion by venting the internal pressure created by the normal movement of woofer cones. But the revolutionary shape of the GLA-55’s proprietary Slipstream port provides more surface area outside the enclosure than conventional cylindrical ports, thereby creating an “adverse pressure gradient” – a fancy, high-tech way of saying that the loudspeaker increases bass output with dramatically reduced port noise and distortion.
- Harman Kardon sound: A legacy of achievement
- Exemplifying the balance among high style, modern design and audio ingenuity, the AVR 1565 receiver fully embodies the spirit of Harman Kardon innovation, a legacy that discerning audio enthusiasts have revered for almost 60 years. Harman Kardon engineers have consistently advanced the science of sound, developing products that are dedicated to quality, durability and, most importantly, generating rave reviews from audiophiles.